Thursday, June 7, 2007


Section 635:2

635:2 Criminal Trespass. –
I. A person is guilty of criminal trespass if, knowing that he is not licensed or privileged to do so, he enters or remains in any place.

II. Criminal trespass is a misdemeanor for the first offense and a class B felony for any subsequent offense if the person knowingly or recklessly causes damage in excess of $1,000 to the value of the property of another.

III. Criminal trespass is a misdemeanor if:
(a) The trespass takes place in an occupied structure as defined in RSA 635:1, III; or
(b) The person knowingly enters or remains:
(1) In any secured premises;
(2) In any place in defiance of an order to leave or not to enter which was personally communicated to him by the owner or other authorized person; or
(3) In any place in defiance of any court order restraining him from entering such place so long as he has been properly notified of such order.

IV. All other criminal trespass is a violation.
V. In this section, ""secured premises'' means any place which is posted in a manner prescribed by law or in a manner reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, or which is fenced or otherwise enclosed in a manner designed to exclude intruders.
VI. In this section, ""property,'' ""property of another,'' and ""value'' shall be as defined in RSA 637:2, I, IV, and V, respectively.
Source. 1971, 518:1. 1979, 377:7, eff. Aug. 22, 1979. 2005, 125:1, eff. Jan. 1, 2006.

1 comment:

camilyn said...

For anyone who is experiencing a criminal charge of any sort, no matter how huge or small, your chances of success will enhance dramatically by hiring Criminal Attorneys quickly. An initial session with a criminal attorney can provide you with the immediate data you need so that you don't make any unwanted faults that may perhaps put in danger your criminal case.

Criminal is here to assist you through this trying procedure by giving to-the-point articles that may guide you and counsel you as you go along, too as a directory of the nation's ideal criminal attorneys in your state and region.